Thursday, November 24, 2011

容恕


Please do not deplore yourself.
Even if the world does not forgive, I will forgive you.


Please do not deplore yourself.
Even if you do not forgive the world, I will forgive you.


So please tell me.
What will it take for you, to forgive me?


-Frederica Bernkastel 

When I was going through my files, I found a series of photos I thought I had permanently removed. 

I thought I could never forgive this person for what she have done and every time that was something that reminded me of her, my emotions would be completely filled with hatred.

I still do not think I can completely get rid of this resentment I have, but when I accidently found the photos, it wasn't necessarily hatred that was brought upon me. It was... perhaps nostalgia.

You cannot completely erase a part of your history. You have to live with it.

One of the thorniest and most difficult things we humans are ever called upon to do is to respond evil wind kindness, and to forgive the unforgivable.

Even though I am still discomforted of what happened this past few years, as time passed I believe I've become more considerate about my own mistakes and about what that person might've had to go through to overcome it.

I'm nowhere close to being a compassionate human being, but I'd certainly like to aim for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment